I have a friend that lives out of state (we went to high school together and then she moved away for college) and every year I send her a birthday gift. For three years straight now I have not received any kind of thank you. No card, no email, no phone call, not even a text giving a simple thank you.
My birthday is before hers and she always sends a gift and she always receives a thank you promptly.
About a week ago I messaged her on Facebook and asked her if she received her birthday gift and if it was damaged at all and I still haven't heard anything. Oh and her birthday was in the middle of November so it's not like I haven't waited long enough to hear from her.
The past two years I didn't even ask her if she received it I just let it go. But now with year number three I'm just really curious to know what is happening with these gifts. Is she even receiving them?
Here's the question. How should I handle this? Do I just let it go and not send one next year?
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'd put a fork in it and consider it done. I wouldn't send one next year.
ReplyDeleteThanks K! I agree, I just needed a second opinion. :-)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't send one IF you haven't gotten a written or verbal thank you. Who knows, maybe some random person is just collecting her gifts. J had someone do that with a check that was sent to the wrong JP.
ReplyDelete